FOR UPDATED RATES, BENEFIT DESCRIPTIONS, AND TO ENROLL NOW – CLICK HERE!!!
NY Health Insurance Special Enrollment Period Qualifications
The open enrollment period for individual NY Health Insurance ended on March 31st, 2014. The next open enrollment period for individual health insurance in New York begins November 15th and end February 15th 2015.
What if you can’t wait for the next open enrollment period for NY Health Insurance?
Good news! You might qualify for a special enrollment period!
AARP.org lays out the possibilities that would qualify you for a Special Enrollment Period (SEP).
1. You attempted to enroll online (New York State of Health/NY State of Health) or Directly with a carrier – but you were unable to for any of the following reasons:
- You followed the instructions for online enrollment, but a technical glitch didn’t allow you to complete the process.
- You were wrongly informed — on the computer or by an agent or counselor — that you did not qualify for a premium reduction and therefore did not complete enrollment because you thought you couldn’t afford it.
- You managed to sign up online, but the enrollment failed because it didn’t reach the insurance company due to a technical glitch.
- You signed up online, but an error relating to your status as a legal immigrant caused the application to fail.”
2. You lost your health insurance benefits from an employer or your COBRA coverage has ended.
3. You lose your eligibility for other types of health insurance programs/sources such as:
No longer qualify for Medicaid, Children’s Health Insurance Program (rise in income, or age out)
or if your college health insurance runs out, or if you reach age 26 and can no longer stay on parents’ health insurance.
4. You enrolled during open enrollment, but something went wrong and were not fully and successfully enrolled.
This includes technical issues with the website, misinformation from other brokers/navigators, were unaware of premium reductions that you qualified for.
5. You move to the United States of America, you return to the USA after living abroad, or you are released from prison. (60 day special enrollment period from date of arrival, return, or release)
6. You could not enroll for health insurance due to extenuating and exceptional circumstances and scenario.
Examples included are debilitating medical conditions or a natural disaster that prevented you from enrolling during open enrollment.
7. You already have enrolled in health insurance through the marketplace but your family situation change such as getting married, divorced, or separated. Births, adoptions, etc. Deaths or other extreme life-changing events.
8. You already have health insurance through the marketplace but you income changes.
“This results in losing federal subsidies that reduce your premiums or becoming newly eligible for such assistance.“
9. You already have health insurance through the marketplace, but your residence changes. (If you move outside of your current plan’s service area.
10. You are Native American/part of an Indian tribe.
IF YOU HAVE EXPERIENCED ONE OF THESE SCENARIOS/CIRCUMSTANCES, YOU CAN QUALIFY FOR A SPECIAL ENROLLMENT PERIOD FOR HEALTH INSURANCE ENROLLMENT THROUGH THE NY STATE OF HEALTH MARKETPLACE.
IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, OR TO ENROLL, CALL US TODAY 631-207-1800 OR EMAIL: email@example.com