2019 brings many options for NY based small group health insurance, which is good news for employers and employees alike. One of the questions we often get is “Which are the 2019 Best Small Group Health Insurance Plans Long Island NYC?”
While this seems like a simple question, the answer is far from simple. Why you might ask? That’s because ‘the best’ is a loaded question. Does it mean the lowest price? Does it mean the largest network? Does it mean it has your primary care doctor? What if the owner’s doctors are on the plan but not the employees, or vice versa? Does my group even meet the carrier’s participation requirement?
Getting a small group health insurance plan on Long Island or New York that meets all of your criteria as well as meeting the carrier’s underwriting guidelines, takes a health insurance broker with experience and a good ear who is willing to listen to your concerns. Having helped thousands of clients over the years manage their group health insurance, we suggest you follows these simple few steps so you can put together the ‘BEST’ health plan for your group.
- The absolute first step MUST be to check provider lists. You need to know which of you and your employee’s doctors are on which carrier’s provider list. We make it easy if you visit our group health page which has links and exact instructions for doing this: https://peakinsuranceadvisors.com/new-york-group-health-insurance/
- Once you have searched for your providers using the link above, or called your doctor directly to ask if they participate with the exact carrier network names in the link, give us a call so we can start narrowing down plans among those that include your providers.
The link above will give you access to:
– Carrier Provider Search tools including exact network names
– Provider Network Size and suggested service area
– If an insurance company plan requires referrals or not
– Participation requirements for a small group to qualify for coverage
We work with every small group health insurance plan on Long Island and NY. We will listen to what your concerns are, and suggest ways to keep your premiums down while keeping benefits and choice high. We often suggest a combination of plans and/or carriers to maximize your choices and price points as necessary. We will also review participation to make sure your group qualifies with the carrier’s underwriting requirements.